Kue is an Indonesian bite-sized snack or dessert food. Kue is a fairly broad term in Indonesian to describe a wide variety of snacks; cakes, cookies, fritters, pies, scones, and patisserie. Kue are popular snacks in Indonesia, which has the largest variety of kue. Because of their historical colonial ties, kue is also popular in the Netherlands.
Indonesian kue demonstrated local native delicacies, Chinese and Indian influences, as well as European cake and pastry influences. For example, bakpia and kue ku are Chinese Peranakan origin, kue putu is derived from Indian puttu, while kue bugis, klepon, nagasari, getuk, lupis and wajik are native origin, on the other hand lapis legit, kue cubit, kastengel, risoles and pastel are European influenced. In Java, traditional kues are categorized under jajan pasar (lit: “market buys” or “market munchies”). The well-set and nicely decorated colourful assorted jajan pasar usually served as food gift, parcel or to accompany tumpeng (the main dish) during Javanese traditional ceremonies. (wikipedia.org)
Today i will give recipe from Pisang Coe, simple dish from Maluku. Pisang Coe is a traditional steamed cake made from rice flour, coconut milk and sugar, filled with slices of banana. Sometimes it is simply called kue pisang (banana cake).
- 5 Banana (I used shoes banana/pisang Sepatu from Manado, you can use special banana to cook)
- 10 tbsp Rice Flour for bottom n 5tbdp Rice Flour for top.
- 3glasses coconut milk for bottom, 2glasses coconut milk for top.
- Salt (a little bit)
- 3tbsp Sugar for bottom, 1 tbsp sugar for top.
- Screwpine leaf
- Vanilli (Powder/pasta)
- Peel banana, cut into pieces n put in bowl. Add coconut milk, salt, vanilli, sugar n rice flour, stir it well. Prepare the steamer n put Screwpine leaf into tray until the base of tray full with screwpine leaf n put the dough on the top.
- Steam it until half cooked, Mix rice flour, sugar, salt, vanilli and coconut milk in bowl n put it on the top of banana dough then steam it again until cooked or steam until half cooked n add raisin, peanut, almond etc (cut into small pieces) on the top then steam again until cooked.
- Cut into shape you like n you can enjoy the lovely taste of Pisang coe. Have a nice cooking..
- If you can’t consume coconut milk you can use soy milk.