Grass jelly, or leaf jelly, is a jelly-like dessert eaten in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Southeast Asia and Taiwan. It is made using the Platostoma palustre plant (a member of the mint family) and has a mild, slightly bitter taste. It is served chilled, with other toppings such as fruit, or in bubble tea or other drinks. Outside of Asia, it is sold in Asian supermarkets.
In Indonesia, black jelly (Cincau hitam) is manufactured as an instant powder, like other instant jellies or agar. This form is easier to use. It is made from the leaves of Platostoma palustre (Mesona palustris).
I have the plants so i made it by my own.
That pic is the steps how to made Cincau (from Google (dapurzahira.com))
- Soak the Cincau leaves in cold water for 10-15 minutes, after which you have to remove any stalks still attached to the leaves.
- Rinse the leaves 2-3 times under strong running water, to thoroughly clean.
Cut the leaves into small pieces, and put them in a blender or you can use your hand to crash it, after that you can filter n let it until become jelly n you can cut it n enjoy the Grass Jelly.
Cincau have many benefit:
- Can help you have a normal tention of blood.
- Good for your Stomach
- For Fever, it’ll help you have a normal temperature of your body and many thing benefits if you eat it.
- You can add ice cream (taste you like) or add syrup or palm sugar syrup.
- You can buy Grass Jelly if you don’t have the plant in Supermarket.