Pineapple tarts or nanas tart refers to small, bite-size pastries filled with or topped with pineapple jam found in different parts of Asia. In South East Asia exists one form of pineapple tart. A different form of pineapple tart, also known as pineapple pastry or pineapple cake, is found in Taiwan
The pastry consists of a large proportion of butter and egg yolk, besides using corn strach, giving it a rich, buttery, tender and melt-in-the-mouth texture. The pineapple jam is usually made by slowly reducing and caramelizing grated fresh pineapple that has been mixed with sugar and spices – usually cinnamon, star anise and cloves.
Typical shapes include a flat, open tart topped with pineapple jam under a lattice of pastry, rolls filled with jam that are open at the ends and jam-filled spheres.
- 900gr wheat flour
- 100 cornstrach
- (mix wheat flour n cornstach then fried witout oil)
- 500gr Margarine
- 250gr Butter
- 150gr Milk Powder (you can add it if you like milk taste)
- 1 Egg
- 2 egg yolk
- 100gr Sugar Powder
- 1/2 tsp vanili powder
- Parmesan Cheese (for taste)
- Pineapple jam (you can buy or made it from Pineapple puree add sugar n cook until boiled n add a little bit Cornstrach n weatflour n stir it well until thick)
- Mix sugar, egg, egg yolk, margarine n butter until mixed then add flour, cheese n milk powder then mixed again n cover dough and refriegerate for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheets, put in the mold n Make a depression in the center of each dough ball and fill with Pineapple filling.
- Roll the dough to make basket handle n put in top. Put mold in cookies tray n bake it for 10-20mnt,rotating sheets halfway through, until shiny and golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Have a nice cooking all.