Rice vermicelli are a thin form of rice noodles. They are sometimes referred to as rice noodles, rice sticks, or bee hoon, but they should not be confused with cellophane noodles, which are an Asian type of vermicelli made from mung bean starch rather than rice.
Presentation and varieties
Rice vermicelli are a part of several Asian cuisines, where they are often eaten as part of a soup dish, stir-fry, or salad. One particularly well-known, slightly thicker variety, called Guilin mǐfěn (桂林米粉), comes from the southern Chinese city of Guilin, where it is a breakfast staple.
Naming in Taiwan
Beginning July 1st, 2014, Food and Drug Administration of Taiwan rules that only products made 100% of rice can be labeled and sold as “米粉” in Taiwan, usually translated as “rice vermicelli” or “rice noodle”. If the product contains starch or other kinds of grain powder as ingredients but is made of at least 50% percent of rice, it is to be labeled as “調和米粉”, meaning “blended rice vermicelli”. Products made of less than 50% of rice cannot be labelled as rice vermicelli. (wikipedia.org)
- 2 Corrot (cut into pieces like match)
- 2egg yolk (fried n cut into pieces like match)
- 2 Corn (pulpy)
- 3 Red paprika (cut into pieces like match)
- 5 Green onion (cut into pieces like match)
- 7 Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 10 Meatball (cut into pieces like match)
- 150gr Meat (beef or chicken) (cut into pieces like match)
- Salt for taste
- 7tbsp Sweet soy sauce + 10tbsp soysauce
- 1pack Rice vermicelli
- Boil water in sauce pan until biling an add rice vermicelli, then turn off the stove. Let it for a while then filter/sieved it. Put rice vermicelli in bowl n add sweet soy sauce n coy sauce, stir it well.
- Prepare fryingpan, put oil n add garlic n frieduntil smell good then add meat n meatbal, fried until cooked then add veggies, pepper, salt n cook until veggies half cooked n add rice vermicelli n stir it well.
- Turn on the stove n enjoy your fried rice vermicelli. Nice cooking all.