Pecel/Lotek is vegetable salad in peanut sauce from West Java, Indonesia It is one of the Sundanese signature dish. There’s 2 kind of Lotek (boiled/steamed vegetables n raw vegetables) n today i’ll give you recipe of boiled or steamed vegetables but if like raw veggies just add raw veggies with peanut dressing.
It’s like Gado-gado but peanut dressing is not the same.
- Cabbage, cut into pieces
- Bean Sprout
- Chayote, cut into thin strips
- You can add Cucumber
- Peanut 250gr, fried
- Kaempferia galanga 10cm
- Palm sugar for taste
- Salt for taste
- Bird eye chili 4 or 6 (your taste)
- Tamarind for taste
- Garlic 2
- Boil water until boiling and add all vegetables (except cucumber) until cooked or you can steam all veggies or use saucepan than can boiled without water than drain it.
- Grind garlic, kaempferia galangga n bird eye chili used cowet/ulekan or you can used food processor than add peanut, palm sugar, salt. give 1/2cup water to tamarind n add to peanut mixture. Stir it well than add all veggies n stir it well.
- You can water if the dressing to thick for you.
- You can serve with add Tofu n Tempeh n Kerupuk/Emping n Lontong, Nice cooking all..